I am a third year student at King’s College London studying Computer Science with Management. In my first year, I have achieved a first grade and I also obtained “Computer Science with Management Prize” for achieving the highest grade from my course. In my second yer, I have also achieved a first grade with the highest grade from my course, obtaining the same prize for the second year students.
I have been working as a backend developer at Lostmy.name for over a year where we have a backend built on the e-commerce platform Solidus. I am part of the Core team that handles everything after cart: payments, shipping, tracking shipment and building tools for customer support. My most important tasks were:
- Implementing two new payment methods: Klarna & Braintree Cards
- Implement a shipment tracking system that uses Aftership for tracking packages and Twilio for sending messages to customers all over the world in different languages.
- Update the backend application from a Solidus 1.* with Rails 4 to a Solidus 2.* with Rails 5
- Contribute multiple PRs to Solidus (PRs)
- Implement a taxation system for Australia & EU
- Lead various projects for increasing speed of our test suite built on RSpec
Carnetul de note
An application I’ve built while I was learning to developed Android application. This app allows Romanian students to keep track of their grades and get details about what they need to do in order to achieve their desired overall grade.
Android Java SQL (Sqlite) with Content ProvidersView app on Play Store